Robert Spier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Pod::Simple is relatively easy to subclass.  And Sean is pretty
> receptive to changes.

[ more referenced source inside ]

- icu
- lib/Test/*
- lib/Pod/*

are all "standard" thingys. I'm not thinking that we are gonna
reinventing wheels nor that we are gonna copying existing wheels, so I'd
vote for just removing all that from CVS.

All non-trivial packages have some preliminaries. Some prominent notes
in README and INSTALL can provide the necessary steps, how to get that
source. If we are going towards real user releases, we can provide
complete packages including all, for now its just simpler to not ship
(and maintain[1]) everything.

*If* we need additions or changes to such prelim source code, please
work out a simple scheme that works:

$ man patch

... comes to my mind.

I'd really like that have clarified towards next release at best.

leo

[1] IIRC there was already one icu update outside that finally got it
into CVS - but the whole code is still unused.