On 7 Feb 2004, at 00:53, Michael Scott wrote:

On 6 Feb 2004, at 22:32, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

- icu
- lib/Test/*
- lib/Pod/*

are all "standard" thingys. I'm not thinking that we are gonna
reinventing wheels nor that we are gonna copying existing wheels, so I'd
vote for just removing all that from CVS.

yep

All non-trivial packages have some preliminaries. Some prominent notes
in README and INSTALL can provide the necessary steps, how to get that
source.

I'd like to see Configure.pl say what's needed, and do what it can to help if requested.

I'd like to remove non-modified, non-parrot Perl modules from lib and install them via CPAN.pm. I have a version here which works, but I remember from experience it can be tricky to set up CPAN.pm to work behind firewalls, so I'm wondering what collective wisdom has to say. Should we run CPAN.pm from Configure.pl or rely on "prominent notes"?

Mike