On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 09:21:32AM -0000, Clayton, Nik wrote:
> Andrew Savige wrote:
> > If so, you better think about it now because it's very hard to retrofit.
>
> Any "Writing thread safe libraries for dummies" texts you could point me
> at?

Apart from the ones that say "run away screaming?"  ;-)

Avoiding global variables is the main one, I'd guess.  But that's going
to be hard to do considering part of the raison d'Ãtre is to provide a
global test counter.

What does it mean to run the test in multiple threads anyway?  What are
those other threads doing?  I can see someone running code in a separate
thread, but I can't imagine running the TAP stuff in more than one
thread.

Just out of interest, how does Test::More cope with threads?

-Dom