If  don't think multiline comments are worthwhile, then we should leave it
out. But I don't see the point in arguing that a functionality should be
kept out of the language because it can be added to the Text-Editing
software!!

I am not really arguing about single-line comments anyway. We all know that
people do use POD to acheive a certain functionality (namely multiline
commenty types of things). For whatever reason they don't use hundreds of
pound symbols, but choose to do it with two lines of POD.

The question is is there a better way to accomplish *that*?

--Michael

Tom wrote:

>Johan Vromans writes:
>>Well, my editor has no problems to put #'s in front of a section of
>>lines, nor to remove them.

>Not every editor does this. Perl is supposed to be flexible and make things
>easy. It is not more flexible nor easier to require a programmer to use a
>certain type of editor.

If you are using an underpowered word-processor instead of a
programmers' editor, this is a personal problem of yours which you
should not expect Perl to solve.