Ted Ashton wrote:
> The qc()
> proposal fits in well with the Perl "look-and-feel" and seems pretty
> comfortable to me.  If there are concerns about obfuscatory potential, a
> use strict 'comments' could require that the qc( opening start in column one.

I think qc() should be allowed to look like perl code; but be
discarded silently by the parser, inserting () or '' where
appropriate to ensure silence:

    print
       "things:\n",
       qc/ show 'em all /, # replaced with empty list by compiler
       @things;

    print
       "total:\n" .
       qc{ show total } . # replaced with empty string by compiler
       $total;

--
John Porter

        Aus tiefem Traum bin ich erwacht.