On Thursday, October 31, 2002, at 11:36  AM, Me wrote:

A ^ prefix visually interferes a lot more with the op being
hypered. I didn't understand that until I first saw use of
square brackets (interestingly, use of angle brackets
didn't grab my attention, though that may have been
due to other factors).
If we're talking about operators being "hypered," then I think that «op» makes a lot of sense. It reminds me of Perl 5's "spaceship" operator, <=>, and I think of a spaceship taking the operator and jumping into hyperspace. What could be a better analogy than that, quantumly speaking?

Plus, it turns out not to be at all hard to type on Mac OS X. ;-)

Regards,

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory