My point about the resources were rather an answer to Richard's reaction, as I
understood it. Otherwise, I share the view of "more project is better than no
projects, even if they duplicate". :)

The matter of community definition is a hard one, indeed. To my view we have
two different purposes for defining it. First, it's when it comes to any kind
of elections. Second, when it comes to distribution of information. Your focus
on commit bits is rather related to to the first purpose, as I consider it. But
if we think of the second one then wider meaning of community as "all devs
using Raku and following its development" would be sufficient and will simplify
the task of establishing a channel. Say, we choose to start an official blog
(https://news.raku.org perhaps?). It would be under the control of Raku
Steering Council. I.e., only RSC decides what is posted there. Technical and
organizational implementation details are currently irrelevant. Not only the
blog could inform about new releases, administrative actions, but anyone can
send a request for posting something, they consider relevant and worthwhile
mentioning officially. A new documentation project could be among such topics.

Best regards,
Vadim Belman