On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Ali A. Khanban wrote:

> Sure. No argument about that. "ye badal az kasre" is used, as we all
> know, when the first word ends in "aa", "oo", "unpronounced Heh", ...

Ok, I'm going to update my website with info on marking the ezaafe
one of these days. I'll submit it for flame-testing when done. Hang on for
that.

> BTW, talking about "unpronounced Heh", recently I found out that in the
> first year of school, they don't call it like that any more. They call
> it "e-ye aakher".

I believe in other languages (maybe Kazakh??) there is some Unicode debate
going on right now about this letter which can appear in the middle of a
word in those languages. This may be part of the "ae" problem. I'm not
sure.

-Connie