Hi folks,

What I want to conclude on "khatt e Farsi" debate considering member's ideas (at least for myself) is:

1- For "Arabic Script" equivalent in Unicode locale for our language, "alefba ye arabi" seems acceptable to me. Script has two translations as Behdad mentioned to me 1-/khatt/ 2-/alefba/. However, because of addition of Persian specific characters "/p/,/g/,/zh/, and /ch/ we'd better call it "alefbaye farsi-arabi" which is equivalent to what Conie said "Perso-Arabic Script". Iranians have contributed to this alphabet any way.
"khatte arabi" has lots of cultural and national issues, one of which ignoring our linguistic heritage, the efforts our ancestors did to adapt the new writing system to our language.

2- For our writing system we use "khatt e Farsi". It may be translated to Persian Script but should not be used for Unicode locale description. "khatt" is not merely writing styles, it has language specific rules and structures. No Arab is able to read our "khatt" correctly unless (s)he has knowledge of Persian language.

After resolving this issue, I try to go through the nice draft and give my suggestions if any.

Good luck,

Peyman

Do you Yahoo!?