Avoid glue traps for mice.  They may seem humane, but the mouse will hurt
itself to get loose, or be terrified while you spend the time to get it off
and clean it up.

If you want the mouse alive to release somewhere outside far away from your
facility, then consider a live trap such as a Victor Catch & Hold (
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Victor-Multi-Catch-Live-Mouse-Trap-M333/202668291).
You'll need to check the trap often (at least twice a day).  For insects
you can still put out the regular Trapper insect blunder traps that
hopefully a mouse won't get itself stuck in.  Or make a little enclosure
for it that bugs can walk into but keep mice out.

Good luck!  Having that much gingerbread in a gallery would overwhelm me.

Alan

*Alan Van Dyke *
Senior Preservation Technician
Harry Ransom Center