From: pestlist@googlegroups.com [mailto:pestlist@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Anderson, Gretchen
Sent: Sunday, September 6, 2020 2:14 PM
To: pestlist@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [PestList] Pest issues with Gingerbread

Let me add my voice to the no sticky traps for mice, as well as to live
trapping.  Not only will they hurt themselves but they die of dehydration – a
slow death.  With live traps, you must check them at least once per day
(preferably 2 times per day) or they will die of thirst.  And, remember that
when you release them they might come back in, or get killed anyway – mice are
territorial and will kill strangers coming into their territory.

I will leave you with this image. At a museum I worked at, we used live traps
next to the loading dock door (not my idea).  My assistant checked the trap
once and found that a female had given birth and by the time we checked all had
died.

Snaps are the most humane.  You have to place them properly – the trigger
perpendicular against the wall.  And mice do love chocolate. There is even one
trap – The Snap-E trap that has a little cup just the right size for jamming a
Hershey’s kiss in to it!

Good Luck.