On 12/18/2014 11:03 AM, Gavin Flower wrote:

Hey  Joshua, what does a 'Normal" person look like???  :-)

Hahhhahahah, you have to get out of your basement to see them. Usually, they are at the latest and newest coffee hub, talking about hating hipsters while wearing skinny jeans and a new but used looking plaid shirt.

I think a separate list of contributors would be good.  How about some
'Browne points' mechanism which would give a rough measure of the value
of the contribution.  My contribution would probably rate '1', whereas
Tom's would be at least '100,000,000' - more realistically: my
contribution would not rate at all, but Tom's would still be the largest
by far!  Perhaps a log scale so Tom would not show us up so much, and
the contributions of new people would look more significant?  Probably
any such scheme would be too difficult to administer in practice, or
taken far too seriously, though it might be fun.

I don't think it would be difficult to come up with a basic system that gives weight to length of contribution as well as quantity and quality. But I don't think your specific applies. Tom is core, that in itself is the platinum badge of honor from an outsiders perspective.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc
"If we send our children to Caesar for their education, we should
             not be surprised when they come back as Romans."