EstebanLM wrote
> the objective is to have an alternative.
> now, we are running morphs inside mars windows (with athens, etc.)... so
> there would not be a problem there :)

now this sounds super interesting stuff, mixing moprhic with native guis. I
hear that GTK3 is mostly Cairo based, and so is hmtl rendering for Firefox.
Looks like Athens will play a rather crucial role to the future of Morphic
and Pharo. But of course thats easier said than done :)

And the fact that Morphic is written in smalltalk and not just another C
library, is hard to beat for customization and cross platform development.
For example GTK is a disaster on Macos and Windows. With many problems,
stability wise. QT is abit better but I suspect is big and complex ,
especially taking into account they had to design their own programming
language for designing Graphical Elements known as QML ( a kind of
javascript eeeewwww :D ). Oh QML can do live coding, sound familiar ? ;)

but QT come with its own designers , and a wealth of tools, juicy
documentation and good support even on mobile platforms. So an alliance of
QT and Pharo may actually be quite more beneficial than an alliance with
Windows GUI API or MacOS Cocoa or GTK . As far as I have seen QT look and
behaves native in all major OSes.

The only problem is that QT is a C++ library and AFAIK pharo FFIs do not
support C++ libraries because of name mangling. But this is something that
the FFI experts could clarify.