Personally I don't care that much to be frank with you. I think the age of
"native look" has passed and failed miserably. All the rage now is custom
look guis, graphics app are strictly custom look, sound and music apps are
strictly custom look and web apps of course as well. Only business apps are
remaining stuborn stuck in the past.

Its no mistake that the clear winner on the GUI department is by far QT .
Take a look even at iOS even iOS dropped the macos look for its own custom
look.  Custom look is everywhere. Even macos embraces it with Launchpad,
Time machine and who knows what the future holds. Windoom has suprised us
with Metro, probably not a success but seems that even the sloth giant
Micro$oft has taken notice where things are heading.

QT is the king of it because it has created a very flexible API which is not
only capable in looking native but also very good in customisation. Well the
king is web design here, but since its not considered desktop technology I
will say QT for the record.

Saying all that, I am not a believer of GTK. And I have heard that on
windows people prefer to commit murder than use GTK. GTK is mainly linux
orientated and I dont even think its even on Android. There was a bug on
macos about tablet with pressure sensitivity and several other bugs with
gimp and mypaint, the bottom line was that there were not enough developers
for either windows or macos. GTK3 looks like diffirent story though but I
still have my doubts. Looks more flexible, better designed but still does
not change the fact that it lack people on non linux platforms to maintain
it. And its a rather huge lib.

I am interested into Clutter because my main interest is Graphics and
OpenGL, so I have my own personal agenda on this.

Now if you want to support GTK3 on windoom, I say go for it, its not as if
you have a better choice. Maintaining a windoom port with using windoom apis
will be much more of a pain anyway. So GTK3 certainly makes sense for me. I
just dont see myself abandoning morphic any time soon for it.  At least not
this century. I prefer smalltalk to C bugs anyday.

EstebanLM wrote