> Yes, we do not have the replacement now, but we have never had so much
> investment and will around the UI as we have now. We do not know at this
> point what is the better way, we do not know the exact roadmap because it is
> more than just a matter of implementation. But, I know that the kinds of
> results we had recently around the UI is a highly encouraging predictor.
Well said! Things have been converging for a long time. I remember Alain showed
me a Bloc ancestor at my very first ESUG. I feel that it's taken so long
precisely because of our concern to preserve the awesome "build anything" power
of a live, direct Morphic world while building more more mundane/standard
layer(s) on top. And the results do seems to be rapidly accelerating lately.

For all of us who want to participate, I think the most important first step is
research. Much good thinking about this has been done at and since PARC. There
are great papers, articles, and videos available about: Self Morphic, the Star
user interface, VPRI's experiments with e.g. text layout, MorphicWrappers and
MathMorphs, the Alternate Reality Kit to name a few. You can also play with
Self and Lively Kernel to see how things are done there.

I think that if we were going to replace the live, direct, uniform Morphic
world with merely "a business UI toolkit" that it would have been done a long
time ago!

-----
Cheers,
Sean