Hi,

> On 04 Jun 2016, at 12:18, Sabine Manaa <manaa.sab...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Tudor,
>
> thank you for the explanation, which explains the situation.
>
> Speaking only for me: I never used custom debuggers, I always used the
> default debugger in different smalltalk IDEs and so,

one could say you never used custom debuggers because you never had the chance
:)

> I am used to a kind of "standard". But as your signature points out "Every
> thing should have the right to be different." :-)
>
> I can live with the given alternatives (create my now shortcuts and move the
> buttons).
>
> I ask myself, how many people know, need and use specific debuggers. And in
> this context, which debugger should be the "default" debugger. Perhaps it is
> an important point for the first impression of new people coming to pharo
> (coming from other smalltalks) and people coming from other languages. If you
> come to a new IDE, I assume it will not be the first step to customize the
> debugger (at least not for me).
>
> But, again - for me everything is fine as it is. I love working with pharo an
> I was very impressed by several new features of the new version. Eg. the new
> integrated code critics is an insanely great new feature (which is also not
> like this in other smalltalk IDEs!!).

I’m sure we can find a solution that appeals everybody, we just need to
reflect/experiment a bit more.

cheers!
Esteban

ps: I’m also think the highest impact for this version (the one who can more
directly help users) is QA… and I’m very thankful yuri made such a tool. Next
versions will start to feel the impact of reflectivity (breakpoints being just
the first “smell” of what can be achieved there, but we are just starting to
build the tools for benefit from it...