> My point is that indeed you can do with EASE live coding in a numerous
languages, at least to my experience. I have tried only Python and C/C++.

Until I came upon this thread, I never knew you could do live coding in
Python and C/C++. And I was a professional C/C++ programmer for over 15
years!

It is certainly a well-kept secret. I have found very little information on
the web about doing live coding in these languages (in fact, none). This
leads me to believe that the vast majority of Python and C/C++ developers
don't know about, or don't do, live coding.

Whether it's "easy" is rather subjective. I suspect it's not as easy nor as
convenient as in Pharo. If it were, then live coding ought to be much more
prevalent in the Python and C/C++ communities. After all, what developer
doesn't want to improve their productivity or increase their velocity of
development?

The key differentiator here, I think, is that live coding is baked into
Pharo/Smalltalk, thus making it natural to use. It is not natural for Python
and C/C++ programmers. It would be difficult to convince the IT industry to
adopt live coding en masse.