I have sent a letter to the seller who has not yet, of course, answered. We'll
have to see if he really used that money for insurance or not!

Steven Medved <steve_nor...@msn.com> wrote:
  Hi John,

You should contact the Smith's, they are experts in horn restoration. When UPS
damaged my horn I was able to get the Smith's to write me an estimate for
repair that exceeded the $300 insurance on it, yes it would have cost that to
properly repair my horn. How much coverage did you have? You can contact the
post office and see if they will reimburse repair charges via the insurance and
then have the Smith's repair your horn, I would think.

Steve

> Can they do that to steel? I thought they just straightened out brass horns.
Phono-L mailing list
Phono-L@oldcrank.org

Phono-L Archive
http://phono-l.oldcrank.org/archive/