Steve:
If you will go to the USPS web site and read the US Mail Manual sections
relating to registered mail and
how it is handled you will find that either you did not send it REGISTERED or
you were flat out lied to.
IF you have a REGISTERED MAIL receipt then you can collect and registered mail
is signed for and
closely tracked.  It is also totally segregated from all other classes of mail.

Delivery confirmation is NOT registered mail.

Rich

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 18:48:59 -0500, Steven Medved wrote:

>The post office is wonderful until you have a problem, I sent a letter
>registered mail, it was lost and
after it was lost I asked them to trace it and I was told it was not possible.
When I asked why the PO
man told me it could be traced and asked for a refund I was out of luck.  With
the post office pack well
enough to survive a drop and being hit with a hammer and you won't have
problems.