> I really have to fight within the company i work to keep PHP. Do you know what PHP
>really needs? Good native XML and SOAP
support..
> Without that it's very hard to convince my boss that PHP is the right tool for the
>job.
>
> I develop for a living. And i'm not only programming in PHP. I do also Java, VB, C#
>and a little C. And i have to say that even
with the high license costs of Microsoft, they are providing a solid developer base
with good support from MSDN and Technet. You
can't around it and that is why my boss want to use .NET. Ever saw an ad for PHP?? You
don't read of PHP.

The XML-RPC extension supports SOAP at some point and it is transparent to the user.
No matter if it is XMLRPC request or SOAP
request one thing is done. Of course it is not final and relies on the xmlrpc-epi
library, thus the extension is just a wrapper.
Probably some efforts can be made in the development of xmlrpc-epi. I am sorry that I
am not too proficient in C otherwise I would
help.
But reading an article on /. and one on ZDnet about web services disturbed me because
IBM and MS may patent some of the roots of web
services. As You may know MS was one of the companies which helped the evolvement of
XMLRPC and its extension SOAP.

Andrey