----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Mertens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Ken Egervari" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 7:23 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] The PHP Platform

> And because i like PHP i'm still promoting it within my company. But no-one is
>helping me!!
> The lastest thing my boss read about PHP was the MIME bug.

My opinion ot that is PHP evolved to a stable solution. We haven't seen a security
update about PHP for many months till MIME bug
appeared. ASP.net is on the desk and we will see if it is security stable.

I'm disturbed by the fact that the ads(seen them in Dr.Dobbs) about .net say that it
is easy as 1-2-3 to build web applications with
the Visual Studio. I've seen a picture ot the IDE with palette of buttons, forms,
validating fields, regex fields and so on in the
left. If it is true does MS will be the leading force in the web?

I've also a fight in my company about the use of PHP because some people want to move
the development to Oracle's bloatware(Oracle
Forms, Portal, etc.) (sorry Thies, but I dont like Oracle so much).

Andrey