On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 07:27:06AM -0700, brad lafountain wrote:
> > And next week i have a special C# traning for PHP developers. Offered free by
> > Microsoft.
>
>  alls i have to say is WOW. This is one pathetic attempt by Microsoft.
Yeah, but are there any professional tranings for PHP? Do you hear of PHP?
That's the problem i'm facing. I think PHP is great, i really am.

But the fact the PHP don't have a proper XML parser, only a scripting SOAP parser
makes it for my boss easy to choose for ASP/Java in stead of PHP. And what can i do
about it, absolutely nothing!
I don't have the knowledge to make PHP itself better. That why i submit as much as i
can (and allowed) to PEAR.

Hoping that it will end as a set of foundation classes.

But now, all new projects are done with ASP. And why? Because Microsoft has a damn
good marketing machine.
They even have now commercials for .NET!

And about the training. Microsoft knows that PHP is getting behind and they are saying
that .NET can do almost everything what PHP can and more.
I can only say that i hope ZE2 will change this. But i have a hard time on my work
defending PHP.

Yeah. When a company becomes a Microsoft Partner you get a lot of MS licenses for
free! Buy MSDN Universal and you get more programs for Free.
And the company i work for is a gold partner. We have 100 free licenses for XP! Why
use linux??

2 years ago PHP was leading egde. I hope that the ZE2 engine makes it a leading
language again.

Dave Mertens