On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:

> PO>> Just to defend phpdoc a bit, this statistic is based on
> PO>> a php manual generated on April 25, 2002, which is when
> PO>> zend.com/manual/ was last updated.  Also, missing functions
>
> That's not exactly true. The phpfunc is updated much more frequently than
> the manual (since it takes _a real lot_ of time to build the full
> manual...) - usually, daily. Also, as far as I understand, the numbers are
> taken from manual/PHP sources, not from generated manual.
> So if something is not correct, it's because I messed something up or
> something changed in the manual and phpfunc script no longer catch it -
> but not because it's not updated. Can you point to some function that is
> defined but listed as not defined? Did the manual structure change
> substantially?

Yes, phpfunc updates daily and that is good (although it continues
to say last updated sept. 22).  There are documented functions
listed as not documented but your last comment seems to decipher
why.  Sorry to assume where those statistics are based although
this looks related as April 25 is close to April 17, which
is around when the big change happened.

The manual structure did substantially change at around April
17, 2002.  Now the functions are in their own xml files, and
they all live in the reference/ directory.  The old xml files
still exist but aren't updated anymore.  So:

  Old:  en/functions/{extension}.xml
  New:  en/reference/{extension}/functions/{function}.xml

It sounds like this is where the problem lives.  As a reference,
glob() was initially documented about six months ago and sha1()
about six days.

Regards,
Philip