Hello,

In an effort to move this along, I present the following facts:

* The first post was June 23rd 2016
* It is now July 20th, 2016
* There have been 152 posts (including this one) on this topic.
* There have been 4138 (at time of this posting) views of this discussion.
* There has been *zero* productive outcome

That, is why I say the leadership is inept. The facts clearly state it. I
am not saying that any individual is inept. I am not saying that any
individual is a bad person, untalented, rude, a jerk or any other insulting
gesture.

I am clearly and succinctly stating that at this point, the topic is moot.
The window of opportunity has closed due to the lack of action by this
group. This should have been something simple. It should have been a firm
but gentle smack down of a clearly antagonistic member. Instead it turned
into the worst of what Open Source can be, unproductive.

Clear the plate folks. You can't legitimately take action against Paul
Jones at this point. Any actions beyond, "Paul, please limit your comments
to on-topic discussion" is just people politicizing the problem further and
shows a clear weakness in leadership.

Therefore I propose the following:

* Paul continues to provide his excellent (and observable) technical skills
* This committee realizes they approached this in a completely inefficient
manner
* Everyone gets back to actual work
* You adopt a proper CoC for this group that keeps people *ON TARGET*

If you don't like the one I posted, fine. Use Django's[1] theirs is
perfectly reasonable as well. Alternatively, use the more respected than
any other community we have in Open Source, the IETF Code of Conduct [2]

Joshua D. Drake
Opinions are my own (but they are probably right)

1. https://www.djangoproject.com/conduct/
2. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7154