For another group to be successful I believe FIG would have to close up
shop. Disband sounds like the wrong word to me. I do like "Archive" that
Woody mentioned previously.

A potential new organization road map for what FIG may need to do & what a
new organization would need to do:

FIG's agenda:

* Formal 2 week discussion to discuss the following points:
    * Do voting reps want to close up / disband / archive FIG? - If Yes,
continue
    * Allow transfer of all in progress work to any new organization that
is willing to pick it up
    * Set end date for FIG (~4-6 weeks after passing vote closes)
    * End date allows time for any formal last minute business & lead time
for new organization.
* Stop opening votes for FIG members to vote on (So that this vote is the
last closed vote)
* Open 2 week voting period

New Org Agenda:

* Get your ducks in a row asap
* Write your bylaws / Figure out who and how your membership works
* Formally declare your intentions to FIG voting members
* Start talking to everyone currently working on in progress work and
inform them of your intentions

IMHO a competing organization to FIG would struggle. I feel like the best
path forward in this scenario *requires* FIG to no longer be active.