"Chris Shiflett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> --- "S.P.Vimala" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > How to create a unique session for every new browser instance?
>
> I'm not sure if this fits your definition of "new browser instance", but
there
> is no way for a remote Web server to distinguish between two instances of
the
> same browser running on the client machine.

That can't be true.  I don't claim to understand exactly how it works, but
here is what happens for me.  I have an application that I log into.  Once
I'm logged in, if I open the URL in another browser window, it just gives me
the login page.  My guess is that the first browser window is passing a
cookie identifying the session that the second one doesn't know about.  In
your case, when you're not using cookies, the session ID must be passed on
the URL.  I don't know much about using trans_sid, so i can't help you
further.

  -- Rob