Hi all,

I'm not sure this is the best way to take your attention, but let's try ;)

I have some new improvement in mind to PhDOE (the online editor for the
documentation) and I just want to discuss with you about its.

*Using the status option in Rev tag*

We use this tag to our translated page to follow the revision :
<!-- EN-Revision: 288721 Maintainer: yannick Status: ready -->

Actually, the editor don't use this option of the revcheck tag.
He can take ready when the file is ready on in_progress, for example, when the
translator save the documentation, but there is steel some work on it.

After some use of the editor, I see some translator who save her document
before all work on it was done. Later, he continue to work one, save it again,
and commit it. This practice is correct but the document, when saved, appears
in pendingCommit module of the editor.
So, I just want to allow translators to save his current work, but wait until
his finish to appear in pendingCommit.

According to me, we can imagine 2 ways to solve this :

=> Use the Status option in revcheck's tag. When it is in others values than
"ready", the save action put the file in a new module "in progress", who occurs
exactly the same as pendingCommit. When the document is save again and the
status is "ready", it appears into pendingCommit.

=> Identical as the above, but it steel appears into pendingCommit in an other
background color, for example. And we can't commit it. This solution don't
introduce a new module.

*Introduce a new check for errors : check example syntax*

I have already include some of scripts that I found into /doc-base/scripts/
into  the editor, as check_entities, check_doc, for example.
I see a script allowing to check some syntax's error into examples of the
documentation. First, I just want to now if this sound a good idea to include
it too ! Second, when I read the actual script (if you want to quickly view
it, use this link : http://svn.php.net/viewvc/phpdoc/doc-
base/trunk/scripts/check-examples.php?view=markup ), I see a list of example
who isn't "normally" correct. As the editor is intended to be multi-project, I
would just suggest to put a tag directly into an "incorrect example" as this :
//@syntax_error
As it, we can know there is a "bad" example and don't include it into the
report.

*Completely useless, therefore, essential ! Include a chat into the editor*

We have discuss on it on IRC. It was a joke first, and a "why not" idea in a
second time ;) We can imagine 2 ways to include a chat into the online editor.

=> Connect to an IRC channel : Derrick point me a project name
http://phergie.org/. We can imagine to include it into the editor to allow a
discussion between editor's user and IRC user (like #php.doc channel, for
example).
=> Simply use an interface like Facebook and BDD in background. As in
Facebook, we can imagine a bottom bar to pop-up discussion between two current
users of the editor.

So. Here is just some idea who I would like to have your impression before I
start coding.

The first idea is to make a great tool to allow the documentation team to work
more effectively, in En, but in others languages too.
So, if you have others ideas, please, express them here !

After all of that, I need some help too : If you want help me to :
* make documentation on php's wiki ( http://wiki.php.net/doc/editor )
* make documentation directly into code source
* translate this app into your own language
feel free to discuss it with me.

Regards,
Yannick