So far i've done a lot of shooting in diners and also in thrift stores. i
look at thrift stores as a kind of attempt for some people to reclaim this
idea of the past. friends of mine go to them looking for vintage type
clothing. i go there to buy every old camera in sight (it's really
ridiculous, even the broken ones, gotta have those instamatics). i've also
done some industrial/urban landscapes. i think i've stopped defining
authentic space by other people's standards, and started defining it by my
own, which i'm happy about. that was this series of photos becomes
documentary, but also very personal.

the one thing i'm really struggling with is the process i'm using. you see
i'm doing this all for my color photography class, but i think in the end
it would be better if the prints were something like pt/pd or maybe even
salt prints or something like that. something that is more on the
alternative process tip, simply because i think the subject matter would
lend itself well to such a look.

whatever are everyone elses thoughts on authentic space?

steve

--- Steve Bell
--- veracity...@earthlink.net
--- http://www.unbeknownst.org/~insurrective /
http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/insurrection
--- In fact, rock, rather than being an example of how freedom can be
achieved within the capitalist structure, is
     an example of how capitalism can, almost without a conscious effort,
deceive those whom it oppresses...So
     effective has the rock industry been in encouraging the spirit of
optimistic youth take-over that rock's truly
     hard political edge, it's constant exploration of the varieties of
youthful frustration, has been ignored
     and softened.  --Michael Lydon