----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Schmitt" <aschm...@warwick.net>

> Neat camera Gill...even a "real" back on it.  What is the focal length &
do
> you get much vinetting with it?

Andy,
          I have had good luck in finding "real"  backs, that 8x10 cost me
like $7 US, it is metal and has two thumbscrews that allow me to flip it to
vertical or horizontal composition.   At the front I installed a filter ring
that allows me to use filter on it.  Focal length is 90mm, no real
vignetting.

Here is the back alone:
http://members.home.com/penate/camera/back.JPG
Here is the back sans GG:
http://members.home.com/penate/camera/backback.JPG
See the square in the middle, it is a flat magnet.  I mount a small washer
that I use as my "composing" lens and then I mount the pinhole
(non-magnetic) and keep it in place by putting a big (magnetic) washer on
top.  Since I needed to have easy access I removed the GG and mounted it to
a cardboard frame, I also mounted a plastic fresnel reading lens on the GG,
that helps me have a brighter image:
http://members.home.com/penate/camera/fresnel.JPG
Here are couple of pictures showing the front of the camera and the filter
ring, you can also see the "composing" aperture (AKA washer):
http://members.home.com/penate/camera/front.JPG
http://members.home.com/penate/camera/filter.JPG

I also have a very nice 5x7 metal back I bought for $10!  at a photo fair
(some vendors have no idea what they are selling!! I am not complaining
though!).  I have yet to turn it into a pinhole camera.

Guillermo