--- Guy Glorieux <guy.glori...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

 P.S.  I wonder how many people on the list do ZP
> together with PH.  Is there
> a ZP Vision group?    The two are both very close
> and yet very distant apart
> from an esthetic perspective, at least in my humble
> opinion.

Guy,

I think this is a very intereting subject. I've been
pinholing since I was a teenager in the early 1970s,
but had never even heard of a zone plate until I
joined this list about a year ago. I thought zone
plate a very misleading term. I kept imagining
something hard and rigid--a plate. I think ZP is much
less well-known and suffers from the difficulty of
creating a zone plate relative to creaitng a pinhole
(we all know that even a ragged pin prick in aluminum
foil will produce a pinhole image). I have found ZP
frustrating in both color and black and white, but
(generally speaking) I have so far liked the color
images I have seen by other people better than the B&W
images. Although Tina has been kind enough to praise
some of my B&W ZP experiments
(http://www2.gol.com/users/talcroft/PinholeSite/zoneplate.html).
Maybe a poll is in order to get some idea how many on
the list know about and have tried ZP photography?--or
maybe it doesn't matter at all. Anyway, I think both
are interesting and continue  to believe it's the
result that counts.

Colin

How about "zone lens" instead of zone plate?