On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 23:00:35 +0200
Jeroen Dekkers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 04:34:26PM -0400, Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
> > There's one important change, which may very well be impossible:  You must
> > assign the copyright ownership to the FSF in writing.  This means everyone
who> > has contributed to Plex86 must agree.  I find this somewhat unlikely,
but I> > haven't contributed, so I don't get an actual vote.

> To quote RMS:
> "Deciding that a program is GNU software does not necessarily require
> transferring copyright to the FSF; that is a separate question. If you
> transfer the copyright to the FSF, the FSF will enforce the GPL for
> the program if someone violates it; if you keep the copyright,
> enforcement will be up to you."
>
> Jeroen Dekkers

Then what exactly would being "GNU Software" gain us?  I seem to have this
discussion confused with a similar one on another list, and I thought
enforcement was one of the reasons.

Daniel
---
Recursion n.:
        See Recursion.
                        -- Random Shack Data Processing Dictionary