On 2015-03-28 21:40-0000 Andrew Ross wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 09:07:46PM +0000, Andrew Ross wrote:
>>
>> Alan,
>>
>> For me with Ubuntu 14.10 (Utopic Unicorn) scripts/comprehensive_test.sh
>> fails. Compile all goes fine, but the test of the C examples with the pdf
>> driver fails at example 24 with
>>
>> ERROR: error_no=1050, detail_no=0
>> ERROR in haru library
>>
>> I'm assuming this is a libharu issue since no-one else has run into it.
>> A quick google search suggests this error is "An invalid font-size was
>> set." For reference this is version 2.2.1-1.1. Alan, what version are you
>> running?

I use 2.2.1 as well but with additional patches applied.

See cmake/epa_build/libharu/CMakeLists.txt for how to locate those
patches.

Most of those are to install a CMake-based build system which you
don't need (except for epa_build), but one of those, i.e.,
cmake/epa_build/libharu/large_font.patch is a bug fix for large fonts
(as occurs for example 24), see
<https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=726069>.  The
Debian maintainer responded there and said he would apply the patch to
the Debian package, but the sid, testing, and stable version of that
package are all the same so it appears he did not do so.  If it is
possible for him to make that change this late in the Debian release
cycle, could you please nag him to do so?

You may also want to nag the Ubuntu developers about that patch.

>> I'll disable the pdf driver and try again.
>
> This gets me through the shared library ctest test in the build tree. The
> rest is still running.
>
> One other thing I noticed is that itcl / itk are disabled because the
> header files are not found. I do have them installed. Looks like the
> headers are now in /usr/include/itcl3/ . CMake is looking in
> ${TCL_INCLUDE_PATH}/itcl3, but TCL_INCLUDE_PATH is /usr/include/tcl8.6 in
> my case so this doesn't work. It used to work, so I expect this is
> something related to the way itcl / itk are packaged on Ubuntu. Alan, do
> you run into this on Debian?

Both Debian stable and epa_build are fine in this regard, and I suspect
Orion would have said something if this was an issue on Fedora.

The current find_path assumption in cmake/modules/tcl-related.cmake is
the itcl and itk headers are in subdirectories of the versioned tcl
headers which is what occurs for both Debian stable and epa_build and
makes some sense since itcl and itk versions depend on Tcl (and Tk)
version.  But I guess Ubuntu have decided to violate that assumption.

I don't think that if Itcl and Itk are missing it is a
release-critical issue since they play a fairly small role for PLplot.
Therefore, I think we should deal with this issue post-release by
coming up with some PATHS or HINTS options for the find_path commands
that will make Ubuntu work automatically without interfering with what
works for Debian stable (and other distros?) and epa_build.  However,
for now, if you want to test Itcl and Itk on Ubuntu, you could do that
by setting ITCL_INCLUDE_PATH and ITK_INCLUDE_PATH appropriately.