On 2015-03-30 12:14-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> On 2015-03-30 10:40-0700 Greg Jung wrote:
>
>> Here are  gzipped- tar files sent separately because the list
>> filters may kill the message altogether.
>
> Our mailing list does not kill tarballs in my experience. So to test
> that in this case, I am forwarding this to the list.  Also, I hope it
> arrives there because I need help with some of these issues from the
> others there.

@Greg: there appears to be no problem with those attachments.

@Arjen and Phil, will both of you please look at the cygwin.tgz attachment?

There is a big warning in plplot-cygwin/output_tree/cmake.out (for
version 3.0.1) about "CMake no longer defines WIN32 on Cygwin!" Have
either of you run into this issue for CMake on Cygwin?  There is
advice in that warning about what Greg should do to overcome this
issue but with several options.  Could you advise him which option to
take (and also update the Cywin part of our wiki accordingly)?

@Greg:

Thanks very much for your four preliminary platform reports, but to
make complete sense of those  I need the other
information I requested which is the complete output from
scripts/comprehensive_test.sh in each of the four cases.

On bash you can collect such information using

scripts/comprehensive_test.sh >& comprehensive_test.sh.out

(although you also have to anticipate the script will hang until you
answer the question that will be at the end of that *.out file).

That complete output gives all sorts of useful background information
such as what options you used for the script such as the cmake
generator you specified, etc.  For example, I suspect the issues you
are seeing might be due to specifying the wrong generator, but I won't
know for sure until I can see that complete results.  Also, I suggest
you compress that output for those four cases before you attach it
because sometimes mailing software messes with plain text attachments
in my experience.

And please send those 4 compressed attachments to the mailing list and
not to me privately since we often need group expertise to give you
the best advice about how to deal with the problems running
scripts/comprehensive_test.sh thta you have encountered.