The current status of the PLplot-5.14.0 release process is as follows:

The PLplot development freeze that started on October 27th contines,
i.e., do not push any topics other than documentation updates or
well-tested bug fixes.

I have just finished pushing a rewrite of the Testing_PLplot wiki page, and I
plan to follow up with

1. Updating the new wiki page, Testing_Reports, with recent comprehensive test
results.

2. Doing all the usual steps documented in README.Release_Manager_Cookbook to
finish
   up this release.

So even though the computer instability I mentioned before is still
something of a distraction, I have developed some temporary
workarounds for the issue that should allow me to get through the
above steps without too many more delays.