On 2018-12-01 18:35-0800 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

The current status of the PLplot-5.14.0 release process is as follows:

The PLplot development freeze that started on October 27th contines,
i.e., do not push any topics other than documentation updates or
well-tested bug fixes.

As part of the release process I have summarized (commit
plplot-5.13.0-156-g39a15ae66) my recent comprehensive test reports for
Debian Buster as the first two entries in the table at
<https://sourceforge.net/p/plplot/wiki/Testing_Reports/>.

The late October test was with cmake-3.7.2 (our minimum allowed
version of CMake).  Those results were perfect except that I forgot to
install the haru software package so -dev pdf did not get tested.  I
corrected that oversight for my latest comprehensive test which I
performed using cmake-3.13.1 (the latest release of CMake).  Those
results were perfect except for a run-time regression against the
October results where the installed versions of qt_example and
pyqt5_example.py both segfaulted.

So for the final run of the comprehensive test script (which was
perfect) I had to drop those tests using -DPLD_extqt=OFF.  I don't
think this issue is release critical so I am going to continue with
the rest of the release process in README.Release_Manager_Cookbook
with no code changes or further comprehensive tests.

However, I have since discovered that for one combination (cmake 3.7.2
+ shared libraries/dynamic devices + build tree), valgrind shows no
memory management errors (i.e, segfaults were impossible for that
combination) so a detailed valgrind comparison of all combinations
possible (for all combinations tested by the comprehensive test script
where only qt_example is tested for both cmake-3.7.2 and cmake-3.13.1)
should easily find the specific PLplot or external cause of these
segfaults, and if it is a PLplot issue I hope to make the fix soon
after 5.14.0 is released.

The 5.14.0 release process continues....