@All:

The current status of the PLplot-5.14.0 release process is as follows:

The PLplot development freeze that started on October 27th contines,
i.e., do not push any topics other than documentation updates or
well-tested bug fixes.

@Phil:
As part of the release process I added (commit
plplot-5.13.0-157-g6e7b51cae) a number of sections to README.release
discussing important improvements that were committed during this
release cycle.  There are more such sections to add, but I believe I
am finished with the sections that are already there.  However, I am
certainly capable of mistakes and/or bad writing so I would appreciate
you critically reading section 2.9 which summarizes your work on plmap
during this release cycle, and especially section 2.10 which
summarizes what I think are the current important wxwidgets issues.

While writing up the -DPL_WXWIDGETS_IPC3=OFF or ON discussion that is
part of section 2.10, I was reminded from my preliminary ChangeLog for
this release how hard you had worked during this release cycle on
fixing wxwidgets bugs.  So in light of all those changes I repeated
tests I had done earlier in the release cycle before your changes for
-DPL_WXWIDGETS_IPC3=OFF and ON for -locate mode for example 1.
Previously that interactive example had failed in two different ways
on Linux for those two cases as I reported to you back then.  With your fixes
(none of which directly affected our IPC code for either
-DPL_WXWIDGETS_IPC3=OFF or ON as far as I know) I continued to get the
same bad results as before (the display of the plot would not appear
until several mouse clicks had occurred on the blank plotting area of
the GUI) for the -DPL_WXWIDGETS_IPC3=OFF case.

However, the -DPL_WXWIDGETS_IPC3=ON test case result was a really good
surprise; it worked for the first time ever for that interactive
example!  So I am very happy about whatever non-IPC fix you did that
made that happen.  And I am left wondering if whether that example
will also work (e.g., without the deadlocks you noticed before) on
Windows now (i.e., after your seemingly unrelated fixes) for the
-DPL_WXWIDGETS_IPC3=ON case.  So I would appreciate you letting me
know about that so I can update section 2.10 accordingly.

@All:

The 5.14.0 release process will continue next with adding
several additional topics to README.release to finish preparation
of those release notes for 5.14.0.

More later.