> Your example is certainly compelling.  I would hope that such initial
> organizations are rare though; I would expect the initial designer who set
> it up that way probably screwed up a lot of other things simultaneously.

        Projects change, mature, take on other capabilities, and certainly
find other uses for which the original author or maintainer never thought
possible. For that reason, flexibility is very important, including the
flexibility to change filenames, directories, locations, without having to
spend a large amount of time updating code to do it.

        Plucker is fairly small, so we don't have the problems a project
with 22,000 source files and 5,000 headers would.. not yet anyway. =)

d.