On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 3:01 PM, R P Herrold <herr...@owlriver.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 May 2010, keith smith wrote:
>
>  I sure hope outsourcing becomes null and void.  What do you base this
>> on?
>>

>  earlier, Joshua Zeidner:
>>>
>>>   Clearly they are doing it for symbolic purposes... which is why we
>>> should do it right back to them.  Apple products are overpriced and
>>> overpromoted anyway.  They are a California based company but they certainly
>>> do most of  their work overseas.  The way things are currently going the
>>> outsourcing equation will change, and possibly become invalid.
>>>

> This looks like wishful thinking. The outsourcing/offshoring
> genie is out of the bottle, and nothing is going to put it back

  This is how they want it to be viewed, as if outsourcing is inevitable and
natural progression.  It's anything but that.  These trade agreements and
the price differentials that make it possible are very much structured by
our policy (including military).  We give a lot of direct foreign aid to
India- why, if they are simultaneously outbidding us in the new
international job market?  Tell me, as foreign countries assume just about
every white collar job imaginable, what are we going to be doing exactly?

  I think there is the tendency to buy the story from the main stream media.
 It might seem comfortable to accept the dominant story for the short term,
but it suggests many more long term problems.  Big problems.

   -jmz