From: Joshua Zeidner <jjzeid...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: ditching Apple products due to boycotts?
To: "Main PLUG discussion list" <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Date: Monday, May 17, 2010, 4:13 PM

  you might see some kind of short term deflation, but any substantial
deflation would break us.  Any time you have debt, then deflation makes that
debt harder to pay.  Not only would it be tragic for Americans on a personal
level, but on a state and federal level it would be equally disastrous.  eg.
What would happen if everyone's salary were halved next week?  Massive default
on mortgages, housing inventory increases, values go down, etc.  I would think
that deflation might be beneficial, I just don't think its an option (either
financially or politically).  Most likely they will just print their way out of
this, and destroy the dollar in the process.

  -jmz