On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 15:27, Joshua Zeidner <jjzeid...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 3:01 PM, R P Herrold <herr...@owlriver.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 17 May 2010, keith smith wrote:
>>
>>  I sure hope outsourcing becomes null and void.  What do you base this
>>> on?
>>>

>>  earlier, Joshua Zeidner:

>> This looks like wishful thinking. The outsourcing/offshoring
>> genie is out of the bottle, and nothing is going to put it back
>>

>   This is how they want it to be viewed, as if outsourcing is inevitable
> and natural progression.  It's anything but that.  These trade agreements
> and the price differentials that make it possible are very much structured
> by our policy (including military).  We give a lot of direct foreign aid to
> India- why, if they are simultaneously outbidding us in the new
> international job market?  Tell me, as foreign countries assume just about
> every white collar job imaginable, what are we going to be doing exactly?
>
>   I think there is the tendency to buy the story from the main stream
> media.  It might seem comfortable to accept the dominant story for the short
> term, but it suggests many more long term problems.  Big problems.
>
>    -jmz

Theres an old saying.. you get what you pay for when you go with the lowest
bidder.
I've never seen a case where outsourcing saved company money in the long
term.
What they save in labor costs they pay for in communication issues and
missed deadlines.

I've witnessed a huge job slide during my life time.
We've lost meat packing, textile, hospitality, construction, plumbing,
electrical, agriculture jobs, and a lot more lower level jobs  when our
government allowed illegal immigrants to stay here unchecked which pushed
unskilled Americans out of those jobs.
We've lost manufacturing jobs when companies move out of the country.
We've lost high tech jobs when they've been outsourced to companies in other
countries.
We've host high tech jobs by in inflow of H1B's that live here (that
companies say they can't survive without) while our white collar
unemployment rate climbs.
Add on top the most expensive education in the world and you're right.. Big
Problems.
Eventually many generations from now big business will run out of people to
exploit and we can be on a level playing field... or robots will be doing
those jobs.

To answer your question... haven't you seen Wallee??
We're all going to end up having robots do every conceivable job and lay
around like gelatin blobs all day until we're unable to even walk :)

Regarding Boycotting..
Any state, company, or other entity that boycotts Arizona businesses for
whatever reason  will not receive my business.  That includes weekend trips
to San Diego, Mexico, etc.

JD