I agree with most of what you say below, but I think here lies the wishful
thinking.  This thing is not sustainable even for a few years more.
 California is *about to default on its debt*... if you think this is the
time to sit back and admire your 401k statement, think again.

  But you're absolutely right, our economy has been gutted.  Time to stop
making excuses and claiming its 'inevitable'.  Eventually the new 'marketing
class' will even be out of work.  No more bubbles to move to, no more
inflated asset classes.  What do you think we will all be doing in the
future?  America has to produce something other than green pieces of paper.

  -jmz