Definitely looks like the MLB parsing needs a tweak. I had a quick look,
and ouch, that's some job you have to do to parse the scoreboard page.
Have you considered using something like HTML::Parser rather than
attempting to pull apart the raw HTML yourself? It does seem a bit
fragile as it is, and especially so because you're relying on the HTML
to be broken into individual lines (i.e., that newlines will be
included at logical intervals in the HTML source) that you then iterate
over in your code.

Just taking a quick look at the MLB scoreboard now, I see that all the
relevant info is in a single, very long line. My guess is that this is
what's confounding the parser. A quick fix might be to add newlines
yourself, before iterating over each line -- that way you don't have to
worry about epsn.com changing the way it cranks out HTML. (I think
switching to HTML::Parser would be better overall, but obviously it
would be a lot more work on your part, and I'm reluctant to suggest
that given all the work you've already put in on this excellent plugin.
It's always so easy to suggest extra work for other people to do, if you
know what I mean.)

SBB

--
Steve Baumgarten