bstrulo wrote:
> I recently upgraded to the latest Logitech Media Server (Version: 7.9.2
> - 1543258616 @ Mon Nov 26 20:08:12 WEST 2018) from one that was a little
> bit older but not very old (a version of 7.9.1 I think).  I'm running on
> a quite powerful Windows 10 server.
>
> Before, I had an issue with the BBC Radio 4 live streams where they kept
> rebuffering.  I fixed it by setting the "Seconds to delay start live
> stream" to 4 minutes.
>
> With the new version the problem came back.  I've changed the setting to
> 5 minutes and it seems to be OK: rebuffering now fairly rare - though it
> still sometimes does a short one.  But I'm wondering if there's
> something else I can fix?  5 minutes seems quite a long time.  Another
> oddity: in the web interface (which sometimes (?) shows the delay) the
> delay seems to sometimes give numbers less than 5 minutes (maybe 1 or 2
> minutes) and a bit variable, which seems odd.  The actual delay does
> seem to be about 5 minutes - maybe a little bit longer.
>
> Since it's working this is not necessarily a problem - but it would be
> nice (if possible) to reduce the delay a little.
Nothing significantly changed in DASH handling - so regards problem
coming back - that is just coincidence.

Changing the values and testing is not necessarily the best strategy as
LMS/Windows does caching so a "good" setting now after a lot of quick
tweaks may be "bad" in a few hours when caches expire.  Detaisl also
help.
Are you in the UK ?
What type of player are you using ?
What is the "Live stream preference" setting
What is the "Buffer threshold" setting

The delay issue is perculiar to Windows 10 (possibly 8 as well) and for
player that need transcoding.  It seems to affect high end system (e.g.
Desktop Core i5/i7 8-16Mb).  A similar issue affects v. low end/old
(single/dual core Celeron) system which may be the same issue.

LMS has a support application socketwrapper which is used for
transcoding - my theory is that MS changed the kernel processor
scheduling in Windows 10 which has caused some blocking. The alternative
is some form of security s/w probing is blocking socketwrapper. As I
only had a WIn7 system, I could not reproduce this problem.  In the 2
weeks, I now have had to get a Win10 system which means I might be able
to reproduce in the near future.

For now, my advice is as follows:
1. If you need "skip back" then use the DASH streams - start delay
shouldn't matter if you skipback.
2. If you just want Live Radio - play the MP3 streams with 1.6.1 -
depending on the player type - you should have all the metadata.