Does the Qobuz stream pass through the normal LMS resampling mechanism?

I'd say so, yes. Anything in the server.log file?

If I set it to 96k max things are OK on both devices. I was wondering
how the Qobuz sample rate limit works - it seems for some albums in
192k, there is no public-facing equivalent in 96k, but when streaming
via LMS there is. Is there a hidden 96k or lower version on the Qobuz
stream?

I don't know how this is handled. In the plugin I can tell Qobuz what the maximum supported quality was I want. And they'd always give me the highest quality available within this range.

--

Michael