Erm wrote:
> Sorry for asking this again. I think my original request was lost amidst
> the need to fix more important issues.
>
> If possible please could you add the option to select 128Kbs DASH Live &
> On Demand streams in the BBCiPlayer v1.6 plugin?
>
> I listen almost exclusively to R3 and often have constant dropouts at
> 320kbs. I've spent a small fortune on MESH Wi-Fi to improve the
> connection throughout the house but in the far reaches of my estate the
> 320Kbs stream is still not reliable. And the 48kbps Lowest Bitrate
> option is a bit rough for my sensitive ears.
>
> Thanks for considering this request.
>
> Sam

What is the bit rate of your ISP link
320kbps to have dropouts due to ISP would mean having an ISP link of
less than 1Mbps ?
What version of LMS *& OS ? Some older version of LMS (i.e pre 7.9.3)
have bugs  which caused stuttering problem especially on Windows based
LMS systems.

I think it would be worthwhile to spend a bit of time first
understanding your setup.
For example,
* if the player cannot play AAC natively then changing DASH feed speed
will not change anything as Flac is being sent by LMS
* If the LMS is running on a underpowered old PC - then encoding into
Flac may be causing problems.

Problem may not be the source but an intermediate step.

For non UK - only two speeds are offered 96kbps & 48kbps. Lazily, I had
assumed UK was also offered two speeds.  The problem is the available
speed that are offered by BBC are not known until stream starts so
selection would have to be something "play stream with rate less than
xxx".