bpa wrote:
> OK - all the symptoms are consistent with a really really bad wifi
> connection.  Have you considered powerline.

I hadn't thought of powerline, but it might be worth a go before I start
drilling. The room is on the same circuit as the rest of the house so in
theory it should work. Though I'd prefer not to spend another couple
hundred if it's not 99% guaranteed. Plus I'm running out of wall
sockets.

If the budget end of the market - -like the £25 TP-link stuff- - will do
the job then it's a gamble worth taking. If not then I've already got
the cable and sockets for my plan to connect up the outside workshop.