mr-b wrote:
> Hi - I'm having some odd trouble with SLX and my local soundcard player.
> The normal player name "PC-Focals" disappeared from the player list, and
> there was a warning triangle in the top left which just displays the LMS
> server name but not anything else.
>
> Then I went into the config whihc showed the player name had
> disappeared, and with the other headphone amp still present. The error
> said to check teh Squeezelite paramters but wasn't sure how to do that.
> Then I re-added the PC Focals player but then it said "Duplicate names
> not allowed".
>
> Any ideas how to fix this?
> (Sorry wish I knew how to fix the big images)

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are saying.  But, you cannot
give duplicate names to players.  So if your main player is "PC-Focals"
then you cannot name another player "PC-Focals".  A "player" is
basically an instance of the squeezelite player.  If you enable
additional players, SLX will spawn additional instances of squeezelite
and they each are separate and distinct.  The intent of this feature was
to allow someone with multiple sound cards in a multi-room scenario
create multiple players and connect them to different sound cards to
drive other rooms.

Also, not sure what player list you are talking about when you say
"PC-Focals disappeared from the list".

What is "whihc"?

When SLX spawns a squeezelite player, if the parameters passed to that
player have a problem, squeezelite will generally abort.  So SLX
generally assumes that if squeezelite aborted, it is due to an issue
with parameters. squeezelite allows you to define custom parameters
related to all sorts of things like codecs, buffers, and more.
Generally, SLX passes the player name, server name, and audio card.
Unless you manually modified/added parameters, then the only thing I can
think that would cause squeezelite to abort would be the sound card
selected was missing.  But generally SLX checks for that prior to
running squeezelite.  Maybe the audio device went offline after it was
started?

R Greg Dawson

Squeezelite-X