mr-b wrote:
> Just an interposed character typo of "which"! The player list is the
> drop-down player list top-left on the main SLX page.
>

> I think you've got it on the interface going offline. I certainly wasn't
> naming players with the same name!
>
> I did have an issue with another app somehow grabbing the soundcard for
> itself and Windows troubleshooting reinstalled the driver, which worked.
> But I wasn't trying to use SLX at the time so had forgotten about it.
> But I guess squeezelite must have aborted when the soundcard device
> driver was reinstalled, and that made the player name "PC-Focals"
> disappear from the list, even though the device remained (or rather
> reappeared). Then when I tried to re-add "PC-Focals", SLX complained
> about the duplicate.
>
> Is there any way SLX can keep the player name in the list even if
> squeezelite errors? Or can squeezelite retry in the event of a driver
> being missing briefly?
> I recall you did something possibly similar a while back to cope with my
> USB Mojo headphone amp being unplugged (as a multi-player device), and
> that recovers just fine now.

Oh gosh, "which" vs "whihc", I thought I didn't some new internet
acronym or shorthand, haha.

As for the player list, you talking about in the Material Skin, as in
the browser interface?  I don't control what the web interfaces do,
either the default skin or the material skin.  Keeping a non-existent
player in the list would probably introduce all sorts of problems.
Anyway, I see now what happened to you.  The primary player's sound
device went away so the squeezelite player aborted itself.  In the case
of that being a primary player, SLX will show you the error you saw.  If
the player that aborted is an "additional player", then SLX will try to
restart it, because in that case, assuming the primary player did not
abort, then the cause is probably just the sound device.  It would not
be a good idea for SLX to keep retrying the primary player because there
are other cause for that one to abort (e.g. other squeezelite
parameters).

R Greg Dawson

Squeezelite-X