mavit wrote:
> I think this demonstrates that that's not the problem here, right now
> (unless there exists a buggy version of the libraries that negotiate TLS
> 1.3 and then can't actually use it).  However, it certainly *is* a real
> problem that users will experience somewhere, sooner or later, if
> they're stuck on an old version of OpenSSL, so the advice to upgrade to
> a recent OS is solid in any case.

OK.

This is strange issue.

It has also affected LMS repository fetches and Windows version of LMS.
Sites which technically should support TLS request less then TLS 1.3
(e.g. TLS 1.1)  seem to have problem with SSL/TLS libraries support
which is not quite up to date or the old SSL/TLS libraries have a
problem with site which support TLS 1.3.  Either way it is a problem
outside of LMS and BBCiPlayer plugin.

A separate issue but associated issue when this failure occurs -  know
of two instances where LMS "spins" making the same request about every
0.002 secs and so effectively locks out all other LMS activity.

All is solved by updating but for some users this seems to be a drastic
solution and cannot understand the failure of backward compatibility.