mavit wrote:
> Oh, and while we’re on the topic of the plugin not working unless
> your OS has robust TLS support, I still think it makes sense for the
> plugin to prefer HTTPS to HTTP.  Most HTTP URLs that the plugin uses now
> redirect to HTTPS, so trying HTTP first is just going to slow things
> down a bit, with no improvement in compatibility for users who
> can’t use HTTPS.
>
> https://gitlab.com/mavit/BBCiPlayer/-/compare/master...https?w=1
This is a topic you brought up a few years ago but at the time many
users were on old OS, LMS etc and functionally was not necessary.  If I
changed all over to https then,  it would have resulted in many posts.
It looks like we're past the tipping point and also LMS own https
support has been vastly improved.

I'll look into the changes when the next update is due.   I think BBC
are changing stuff behind the scenes and so I'm trying to anticipate
what will be needed in next update.